Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ribbons and Bows! Oh My!

September 2011 introduced ribbon lights to my blog. I had only finished one at the time, but ribbons and lights multipled rapidly after that.
I found a fantastic website http://ribbonandbowsohmy.com/ that has all kinds of great ribbons. One massive box of ribbons shipped to me helped to create many of the themes below. Another fantastic resource for lots of ribbon at a great price is Costco.
My box ribbon has grown exponetially.
Shared these as gifts for co-workers and we used them to decorate our cubicles. They were a huge hit in the office. We had visitors from other floors in the building come to look at the ribbon lights. They are pretty striking when plugged in.
One great suggestion came from my friend who got the St. Patty's day themed ribbon light. She was going to see if she could find a way to plug the light in to a small battery powered source, then wear as a boa.
Viva la ribbon!

The candy cane themed ribbon light above is my favorite of the color combinations. I made more than one of these.






The blue/white/silver snowflake themed ribbon lights are a close second to the candy cane colored lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment